This is my all-time favorite chili. It is LOADED with yummy veggies and will satisfy anyone’s dietary restrictions. It’s GREAT for potlucks!
Jodaye & Bob’s Vegan/Vegetarian Chili
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 large yellow onion (sliced)
2 stalks of celery (sliced)
15 baby carrots (sliced)
1 zucchini (sliced)
1 yellow pepper (sliced)
1 15-oz can whole, stewed tomatoes
1 tbs. chili powder
¼ c. spaghetti sauce
¼ c. salsa
1 tsp. cilantro
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 15-oz black beans (don’t drain them)
1 cup of rice (optional)
- In a large pot on warm setting, use olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Increase heat to medium and add garlic, celery, and onion.
- When the onions have softened, add all other ingredients except the beans!!
- Use medium heat to cook the carrots and pepper and zucchini.
- Reduce heat to warm setting and simmer for 30 minutes. If you wanna make a pot of rice to go with the chili, now’s the time to cook it!
- Add black beans and cook them for 5 minutes.
- If you are a vegan eater, ENJOY! If you prefer your chili with a bit of cheese, though, top with Monterrey Jack cheese and serve!